Certified B Corporation
MuLondon is the first UK skin care company to pass the B Lab assessment and earn the prestigious title of a Certified B Corporation. Exceeding the requirements of the rigorous B Corporation certification confirms MuLondon's purpose-driven goal to have a positive impact and use its business as a force for good. As a part of the process, MuLondon answered more than 250 questions about its business practices, with answers verified by B Lab, the certification body for B Corporations.
MuLondon has always had a mission and a desire to change the world for the better. Becoming a Certified B Corporation is a stamp of approval for our company, as much as it is a framework that solidifies our values and keeps us in check, helping us to strive for more. We want to have a positive impact on the world, and that involves our customers, our suppliers, the environment and the local and global economy.
The B Corporation Declaration
We envision a global economy that uses business as a force for good.
This economy is comprised of a new type of corporation - the B Corporation - Which is purpose-driven and creates benefit for all stakeholders, not just shareholders.
As B Corporations and leaders of this emerging economy, we believe:
• That we must be the change we seek in the world.
• That all business ought to be conducted as if people and place mattered.
• That, through their products, practices, and profits, businesses should aspire to do no harm and benefit all.
• To do so requires that we act with the understanding that we are each dependent upon another and thus responsible for each other and future generations.
By being a part of the B Corporation movement, MuLondon joins other ethical businesses who make environmental and social performance as important as financial. The company's focus has always been on producing organic, cruelty-free and vegan skin care products, in the most ethical and sustainable way.
As a Certified B Corporation, MuLondon's mission is reinforced with transparency and accountability, and a triple bottom line: people, planet and profit. Change is good. Be the change.
About B Corporations
Certified B Corporations are leaders of a global movement of people using business as a force for good. They meet the highest standards of overall social and environmental performance, transparency and accountability and aspire to use the power of business to solve social and environmental problems. There are more than 1,700 Certified B Corporations in over 130 industries and 50 countries with 1 unifying goal - to redefine success in business.
About B Lab
B Lab is a nonprofit organization that serves a global movement of people using business as a force for good. Its vision is that one day all companies compete not only to be the best in the world, but the Best for the World(r) and as a result society will enjoy a more shared and durable prosperity.
For more information about B Corporations and B Lab, please visit www.bcorporation.uk
MuLondon Annual Impact Report for the year 2017
Having a positive impact on the society and the environment is at the core of MuLondon and our business practices. As a certified B Corporation, we use our business as a force for good.
Here's what we've done this past year.
- Organic ingredients: We have always used certified organic ingredients and continue to do so. For those ingredients that are not available as certified organic, we are in regular contact with our suppliers so that we can start using them as soon as they become available.
- Organic certification: Our entire range is certified organic by the Soil Association. Organic standards look at all aspects of organic manufacturing and production, storage and sales, from packaging to animal welfare and wildlife conservation. They ban unnecessary and harmful additives, proving that certified companies are operating to the highest standards of sustainability and integrity - issues MuLondon is organically passionate about.
- 1% for the Planet: As a member of 1% for the Planet, MuLondon pledges to donate a minimum 1% of annual sales to support environmental non-profit organisations. Unlike donating a portion of the profits, this brings transparency to our customers who know that out of every £100 they spend, £1 goes directly to environmental causes.
- Packaging: Our goal is to minimise, reuse and recycle packaging wherever possible. We have removed the use of packaging tape from our retail orders and instead use the shipping label to seal the package. We have also decided to move away from bio-degradable bubble-wrap and use wrapping paper instead, as this has less of an environmental impact.
- Accessories: We have developed a range of accessories, which are made from 100% certified organic cotton by GOTS (Global Organic Textile Standard). This was developed and sourced in the most sustainable way in collaboration with RED Inc, a fellow B Corporation.
- B Corporation: To spread the awareness of the B Corp movement, we proudly show the B Corporation logo on our website, stationery and on our products. Educating our customers and our suppliers on the importance of using business as a force for good is an important part of our commitment to the B Corp community.
- Suppliers: We benchmark our suppliers on a number of points: environment, recycling, animal testing policies, fair labour and fair trade. We choose to work with companies that share our values.
- Customer feedback: We collect and evaluate customer feedback via a number of channels: our website, email, social media and customer reviews. We incorporate this into our policies and business practices.
Community & Governance:
- Stonewall: MuLondon is proud to support Stonewall's campaign for equality for LGBT people everywhere. MuLondon is built on values that encompass inclusion, acceptance and diversity. We want to stand up for what’s right and show the world what we believe in. As we grow, we would like to ensure that MuLondon remains an inclusive company that welcomes everyone, regardless of their sexual orientation or gender identity.
- MuLondon Certifications and Corporate Social Responsibility: We work with a number of organisations and charities whose work we love and support. We do this by showcasing their logos on our website and stationery, financial donations or annual certification fees, product donations and support of their campaigns. More: www.mulondon.com/certifications.
As a Certified B Corporation, MuLondon meets rigorous third-party standards for accountability, transparency and performance, measured and verified by B Lab.
MuLondon Annual Impact Report for the year 2018
MuLondon took a break in 2018 to expand - more details will be available soon.