My name is Boris and I am the founder of MuLondon. I’d love to tell you a bit more about us.
MuLondon brings joy and balance with our award-winning skin care range from London, inspired by traditional herbalism. Pure natural essential oils and herbal extracts are used to divinely scent and gently preserve the certified organic ingredients. MuLondon products include such luxurious essences as ‘Marigold, Frankincense & Myrrh’ and ‘Rose, Rosehip & Rosemary’. The range is certified organic by The Soil Association, cruelty-free by The Leaping Bunny and registered vegan by The Vegan Society. MuLondon is a member of 1% For The Planet and is a Certified B Corporation.
I have always believed in the power of nature. When I was growing up, my mother would often talk to me about medicinal plants, their properties and their Latin names. This fascinated me. She would show me what natural remedy to use in case of cuts, bumps, bruises or upset tummy. I learned to rely on herbs, not pills.
For a number of years, I lived, worked and studied at a biodynamic farm in Sweden, on the unspoilt coast of the magnificent Baltic Sea. This made me realise how connected we all are - to each other, to mother nature and the world around us.
A combination of genes, stress and the lack of sun caused me to develop eczema and psoriasis. This seriously affected my appearance and my self-confidence. As I did not want to rely on prolonged use of steroid creams, I went back to my roots. I read everything that I could about herbs, essential oils and natural skin care. This led me to start making my own lotions and balms, based on old, proven recipes, the things that I had learned from my childhood, my life at the biodynamic farm, and my intuition. After successfully testing the formulas on me and my friends, an idea was born to create my own range of skincare products. MuLondon was conceived.
About our products
MuLondon products are made from pure, natural and, where possible, certified organic ingredients. They contain no unnecessary artificial additives. Instead, pure essential oils and herbal extracts are used to divinely scent and gently and naturally preserve. We stay away from artificial preservatives, emulsifiers or fragrances.
Our range is designed for sensitive skin and it will benefit all skin types - from dry, mixed and oily to young, ageing and demanding.
MuLondon was created to make a change - a change that is more than skin deep. We have proactive environmental, recycling and fair-trade policies and support for community projects, and we strongly oppose animal testing and exploitation.
We believe that businesses can be run honestly, with respect for our fellow humans, all animals and the environment.
Our certifications include: The Soil Association, 1% For the Planet, B Corporation, Vegan Society, Leaping Bunny, PETA, Viva!, Naturewatch, Green America, Vegetarian Society, Campaign for Safe Cosmetics, Humane Company.
We pride ourselves on our stellar, award-winning customer service. We enjoy making our customers happy and we would love to assist you with any requests or questions. Get in touch here!
All MuLondon products are, and always will be:
• Organic: We use only certified organic ingredients when available.
• Natural: We use mild, time-proven traditional herbal ingredients.
• Mild and effective: Our products work and are suitable for the most sensitive skin types.
• Super-concentrated and full of active ingredients: We use just the right quantities of active ingredients to achieve the balance between being mild and effective.
• Free from unnecessary additives: preservatives, emulsifiers, mineral oils and artificial fragrances or colours.
• Cruelty-free: never tested on animals, always free from animal ingredients and 100% vegan.
MuLondon Annual Impact Report for the year 2017
Having a positive impact on the society and the environment is at the core of MuLondon and our business practices. As a certified B Corporation, we use our business as a force for good.
Here's what we've done this past year.
- Organic ingredients: We have always used certified organic ingredients and continue to do so. For those ingredients that are not available as certified organic, we are in regular contact with our suppliers so that we can start using them as soon as they become available.
- Organic certification: Our entire range is certified organic by the Soil Association. Organic standards look at all aspects of organic manufacturing and production, storage and sales, from packaging to animal welfare and wildlife conservation. They ban unnecessary and harmful additives, proving that certified companies are operating to the highest standards of sustainability and integrity - issues MuLondon is organically passionate about.
- 1% for the Planet: As a member of 1% for the Planet, MuLondon pledges to donate a minimum 1% of annual sales to support environmental non-profit organisations. Unlike donating a portion of the profits, this brings transparency to our customers who know that out of every £100 they spend, £1 goes directly to environmental causes.
- Packaging: Our goal is to minimise, reuse and recycle packaging wherever possible. We have removed the use of packaging tape from our retail orders and instead use the shipping label to seal the package. We have also decided to move away from bio-degradable bubble-wrap and use wrapping paper instead, as this has less of an environmental impact.
- Accessories: We have developed a range of accessories, which are made from 100% certified organic cotton by GOTS (Global Organic Textile Standard). This was developed and sourced in the most sustainable way in collaboration with RED Inc, a fellow B Corporation.
- B Corporation: To spread the awareness of the B Corp movement, we proudly show the B Corporation logo on our website, stationery and on our products. Educating our customers and our suppliers on the importance of using business as a force for good is an important part of our commitment to the B Corp community.
- Suppliers: We benchmark our suppliers on a number of points: environment, recycling, animal testing policies, fair labour and fair trade. We choose to work with companies that share our values.
- Customer feedback: We collect and evaluate customer feedback via a number of channels: our website, email, social media and customer reviews. We incorporate this into our policies and business practices.
Community & Governance:
- Stonewall: MuLondon is proud to support Stonewall's campaign for equality for LGBT people everywhere. MuLondon is built on values that encompass inclusion, acceptance and diversity. We want to stand up for what’s right and show the world what we believe in. As we grow, we would like to ensure that MuLondon remains an inclusive company that welcomes everyone, regardless of their sexual orientation or gender identity.
- MuLondon Certifications and Corporate Social Responsibility: We work with a number of organisations and charities whose work we love and support. We do this by showcasing their logos on our website and stationery, financial donations or annual certification fees, product donations and support of their campaigns. More: www.mulondon.com/certifications.
As a Certified B Corporation, MuLondon meets rigorous third-party standards for accountability, transparency and performance, measured and verified by B Lab.