In the heatwave that's hitting Europe right now, we're experienced very high temperatures. It was 36.7C (98F) in London today, the hottest day in ten years, and the warmest July day since records began! In addition to keeping yourself hydrated, remember to take care of your MuLondon skincare products to ensure that they perform at their best.
- Always keep your MuLondon moisturisers away from heat, sun and moisture.
- If you live in a very hot climate or are experiencing a heatwave and do not have air-conditioning, you may want to consider temporarily keeping your moisturiser in the fridge.
- Make sure that the lid is tightly screwed on, to prevent humidity entering the product, which may negatively affect the shelf life.
- If your moisturiser has already melted, simply shake it vigorously a few times, put in the fridge with the lid tightly screwed on, and you should have restored it to its previous glory in 24 hours.
- Once temperatures have returned to normal and are under 20C, it's best to keep your moisturiser at room temperature and out of the fridge. Because MuLondon products do not contain any added stabilisers or emulsifiers and are hand-whipped, prolonged stay in the fridge may affect the texture of the product. Your cream will be still fine to use - but we want it to be perfectly smooth and soft!
- You will also find that as the weather gets warmer, the consistency of the cream is just a tad softer. This means that it will be even easier to apply sparingly, to accommodate for your skin's need for lighter coverage and protection during the summer months.
Follow the tips above and you'll have a very happy MuLondon moisturiser that will serve you for a long time! What do you do to keep yourself cool during the hot summer months? Please share in the comments below - I really need to know!
Image: Summer skies over London from MuLondon on Instagram